Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A movie for Kikaider REBOOT|
| Release date May 24, 2014 |
December 2014 (Region 1 DVD)
|Written by Kento Shimoyama|
|Directed by Ten Shimoyama|
The Boy with the Guitar: Kikaider vs. Inazuman
Set in the near future, Dr. Nobuhiko Komyoji was the head of the robot engineering project "ARK Project" to use robots peacefully to solve problems beyond human control. Dr. Komyoji however died during an experiment and a year later the project was headed by his rival Kanzaki and the Minister of Defense Tsubakiya who had begun to use the project for their own personal benefits rather than its original objective. To revive the original project, Jiro aka Kikaider, an android with a Conscience Circuit created by Dr. Komyoji has appeared to protect his creator's children Mitsuko and Masaru who have the key to complete the project.
- Jiro (ジロー Jirō?)/Kikaider (キカイダー Kikaidā?, Voice): Jingi Irie (入江 甚儀 Irie Jingi?)
- Mitsuko Komyoji (光明寺 ミツ子 Kōmyōji Mitsuko?): Aimi Satsukawa (佐津川 愛美 Satsukawa Aimi?)
- Nobuhiko Komyoji (光明寺 信彦 Kōmyōji Nobuhiko?): Kazushige Nagashima (長嶋 一茂 Nagashima Kazushige?)
- Masaru Komyoji (光明寺 マサル Kōmyōji Masaru?): Yuto Ikeda (池田 優斗 Ikeda Yūto?)
- Hanpei Hattori (服部 半平 Hattori Hanpei?): Ryuji Harada (原田 龍二 Harada Ryūji?)
- Sogoro Honda (本田 宗五郎 Honda Sōgorō?): Hirotaro Honda (本田 博太郎 Honda Hirotarō?)
- Mari (マリ Mari?): Maryjun Takahashi (高橋 メアリージュン Takahashi Mearījun?)
- Kyujiro Maeno (前野 究治郎 Maeno Kyūjirō?): Daisuke Ban (伴 大介 Ban Daisuke?)
- Gilbert Kanzaki (ギルバート 神崎 Girubāto Kanzaki?)/Hakaider (ハカイダー Hakaidā?, Voice): Shingo Tsurumi (鶴見 辰吾 Tsurumi Shingo?)
- Shinnosuke Tanabe (田部 慎之介 Tanabe Shinnosuke?): Renji Ishibashi (石橋 蓮司 Ishibashi Renji?)
- Kikaider (キカイダー Kikaidā?): Makoto Arakawa (荒川 真 Arakawa Makoto?)
- Hakaider (ハカイダー Hakaidā?): Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu?)
At the end of Kamen Rider × Super Sentai × Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z, as seen in both the theatrical and DVD release, a post-credits scene features the sound of a heartbeat and Kikaider is shown with the narrator stating that all the heroes that were featured in the movie "aren't the only superheroes of Earth". This hinted at a Kikaider revival project. Despite the original suit being used for the announcement, redesigned suits for the main character and Hakaider were utilized for the film much like in Kamen Rider The First and The Next.
In December 2013, around the time the next Super Hero Taisen film was announced. Publisher Kadokawa revealed on their official website that the upcoming Kikaider movie will air sometime in 2014. The site also featured the new Kikaider novel, which listed that the movie would be released in fall 2014. This later proved to be specualtion as the film was announced for a summer release on May 24, 2014  
Kikaider Reboot premiered in Japan on May 24, 2014
In the US, a special one week run of the film was done at the Consolidated Theatres Ward Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii from October 10 to October 16, 2014, featuring English subtitles by JN Productions. This showing was done by native fans of the original series as a commemoration of the franchise's 40th anniversary. On Halloween 2014, JN Productions announced a future DVD release for the film around the holiday season. 
- ↑ http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/01/30/live-action-remake-film-of-shotaro-ishinomoris-kikaider-confirmed
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/06/new-kikaider-movie-revealed.html
- ↑ http://www.orendsrange.com/2013/12/new-kikaider-movie-to-premiere-in-2014.html
- ↑ http://updates.herotaku.com/post/101406424286/kikaider-reboot-coming-to-the-us
- It is questionable why REBOOT Komyoji even put his secret file into his own son despite the obvious dangers of doing so.
- The Conscience Circuit that appeared in this movie seemed to merely be a limiter for REBOOT Jiro that dampened his fighting abilities.
- A rather odd part of the movie was when REBOOT Mitsuko initially planned to travel abroad despite having a younger brother without any parents or legal guardians to take care of him.
- When the members of REBOOT Dark were kidnapping REBOOT Masaru, they could have just easily captured him when he was alone by himself instead of pointlessly breaking through windows and chasing him on top of a building.
- When REBOOT Mitsuko stopped her plans to go abroad in order to meet REBOOT Jiro during his battle, she really didn't need to considering how she probably would have just gotten in the way.
- It is questionable why high ranking people of national security would name themselves DARK despite how ominous sounding the name is.
- Although the part where REBOOT Hakaider stated to REBOOT Jiro that beings born from DARK will return to DARK was presumably a reference to the original series, it should be noted that REBOOT Jiro wasn't a part of DARK at any point in the movie.
- If the members of REBOOT Dark were just going to release REBOOT Masaru after they retrieved the chip, then it's questionable why they didn't just explain the situation in the first place.
- This extends to REBOOT Komyoji needing to program REBOOT Jiro as a bodyguard for his children.